I have moved the blog from wordpress to a new hosting provider Cloud-A. They provide a server and I configure it to run. So far the process has been pretty straight forward. I have the blog running on Ubuntu 14.04 and hosted using Nginx. It really didn’t take to long to get things up and running. The longest part was converting my old posts to reStructuredText. I decided to use a so-called static blog generated called Nikola as opposed to another wordpress implementation.
The experiment seems to be running well. I haven’t had any issues (there might be issues in older posts and such, I’ll correct those as I come across them).